Sunday, January 15, 2012

18. Chemotherapy, part 1

Wednesday 11th January 2012, 09:00 AM


Pre-Treatment Consultation


The cancer Day Unit ( Note,  I refuse to spell cancer with a capital 'c' its doesn't deserve it ) is on the tenth floor of the tower of Guy's Hospital and has spectacular London views all round.


Jo and I were met by Senior Staff Nurse Juan Roman, and he explained everything that I could expect from the treatment and showed us around the unit/ward/facilities. Like most of the rest of the hospitals I have been in so far it all looked nearly brand new. Very quiet, restful and calming with its own surgical room, blood work room, internet cafe and facilities for making Tea & coffee etc.


At first I was a little concerned that as S.S.N. Juan was speaking english as a second language communication might become a 'tad' labored even with his excellent command of English. After I stopped interrupting him and we all got to know each other a little better everything went smoothly and became quite light hearted.


It didn't strike me as a bad place to have to spend six or eight hours in hooked up to a machine.


Edited by Jo W, with thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment