Thursday, January 26, 2012

23. Chemotherapy, part 6

Thursday 26th January 2012, midday


Crystal Palace, London


Chemotherapy, 1st week completed.


The tide has changed...


Last week was my first week of Chemo.


The side effects were bearable, more so now I have a plan of how to deal with them. But definitely NOT FUN.


I 'HAD' two tumors, one the size of half a quail egg in my left Lymph Gland, and one twice that size in my right Parotid Gland ( saliva ).


"The small tumor has gone".


"The large tumor has shrunk". 


The smaller tumor had actually disappeared so as to be undetectable by touch after only three days of Chemo. The larger of the two has over the following week shrunk to half the size it was.


Was it worth it ?...


"HELL YES !"


Edited with thanks to Jo W

No comments:

Post a Comment