Friday, February 22, 2013

37. Radiotherapy, part 4


Tuesday 28th February 2012 08:55 AM


Electra 6, Radiotherapy, Guy's Hospital, London


Exposure #2


exactly the same again, almost...


But this time after three attempts they just can't get "on target" in fact I'm even further adrift. And they are perplexed, the reason is obvious to me, both my tumors have shrunk and i've lost a lot of weight so naturally my throat, neck, chin and cheeks are thinner.

RT is now starting to feel a little too familiar "do you expect me to talk?"

I'm sent back to St Thomas Hospital to see Julian who made the shell almost a month ago. Julian clamps me to his Electra table, He's perfectly happy with the shell fit but changes one of the shims that I rest my head on, pressing my face tighter into the mask.

Next door I am rescanned with the adjustment. It would take a few more days to realign all the topographical data and we could resume RT with exposure #3.

Easy... ish

No comments:

Post a Comment