Friday, February 22, 2013

42. Radiotherapy, part 8

Additional Effect #2


Throat


For a while I couldn't swallow anything, not even my own saliva. When I did it made me wince and groan. So everything was going in via the PEG tube. Eventually I was even completely unable to talk, having to communicate just with hand gestures and scribbled notes.

Imagine being me, now imagine being me and unable to talk, now imagine being me trapped alone inside my own head, no it's not fun is it ?.

I was mute for a quite a few weeks. There are a couple of very significant social and psychological outcomes to that. I wasn't fun to be with, need I say more... I made Jo cry and walk out on me once, and couldn't call after her, explain my problem or even apologize. I still feel rotten about that, and I'll say this too, for a trained actor she's rubbish at Charades.

No comments:

Post a Comment