Sunday, January 15, 2012

16. MRI Scan

Tuesday 10th January 2012, 12:00 AM


MRI Scan


Although both my appointment to have my teeth cleaned and my first return to Nuclear Medicine today were both running late, I have managed to make up the time. However now MRI Dept. are running late. I tell them that I need to get back to Nuclear Medicine for my next blood test before my appointment at Nutrition & Dietetics and they 'get a move on' with no more prompting needed. 


The MRI Scan like so many others will need a contrast dye injected, I'm starting to feel like a pin cushion today. The Scanner is very similar to The PET and CT scanners that I have previously been in, but louder, much-much louder.



Not the 'actual' one I was in but very similar


The sound this machine makes alternates between a pneumatic road drill and the most unimaginative, repetitive Techno beat you could possibly imagine. The funny thing is, before I got on the bed the operator asked if I'd like to listen to some music, and what would I like ? I chose "Easy Listening" I got classical, I heard bugger all.


I heard about 30 seconds of music before all the "BUZZ-BUZZ, SHUDDER-SHUDDER, BUZZ-BUZZ, BOOM-BOOM" started and about 30 seconds more when it was all over. So you have to ask yourself "what's the point ?"


Back off to Nuclear Medicine for my third and final blood draw of the day, I hope !


Edited by Jo W, with thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment