Saturday, March 3, 2012

33. PEG "Tubie"

I've been living with "Tubie" for four days now, I'm starting to get used to it. It has to be "flushed" with a big syringe of sterile water twice a day, by me. And the "wound" site cleaned and re-dressed once a day.

The pain is much much less now and I'm sleeping quite well, even managing to lie on my side a little now.

I've brought some M&S vests to help keep "Tubie" in place and comfortable.

Thursday evening I performed my second only "flush and clean & re-dress". I finished ( it's completely painless ) and I looked down at this plastic tube running into my stomach through a hole in my belly and I felt very small & vulnerable and not very strong and not very brave ( like everyone seems to think I am ) and I cried for a couple of minutes, and not just a little bit either. I was feeling very-very sorry for myself and almost overwhelmed by the whole experience. A hug from Jo was a huge help, they always are.

This is part, of the start, of the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment