Saturday, February 23, 2013

46. Radiotherapy, part 12


Additional Effect #6

Snot fun


The inside of my nose is extremely unhappy with all that has been going on. Every time I wake one nostril or the other is blocked. Blowing my nose is quite, quite painful. I often find both old dried and fresh wet blood in the tissue.

Twice I found one nostril was totally blocked right up to the very opening. So much so that there was an obvious "plug" in the end that no amount of blowing would shift. I had to resort to gripping the end of the blockage with the tips of my thumb and fore finger and pull it out. Out would slide a single bogie as thick and as long as my little finger, and exactly the shape of the inside of that nostril. The far end of which was wet and bloody. Imagine a green Blancmange draft excluder.

No comments:

Post a Comment